OET Training At Tristar Immigration
Tristar Immigration provides online OET training. OET is offered to 12 categories of healthcare professionals, with a primary focus on nurse training. The exclusive interest in nursing education has allowed Tristar to carve out a niche among OET training academies in India. Our online packages are highly flexible, specially designed to dovetail with your work schedule without the least compromise on quality or content.
What is OET
The Occupational English Test (commonly known as OET) is an English test designed for healthcare professionals. OET is available in 12 different health categories: Nursing, Dentistry, Nutrition, Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Radiography, Optometry, Speech Therapy, Pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine. OET is owned by the Cambridge Boxhill Language Assessment Trust (CBLA), which owns the Boxhill Institute and the Cambridge English Language Assessment.
OET Computer Based Test
- How is the Occupational English Test (OET) delivered?
- The OET is delivered over two modes- OET Test on Paper and OET Test on Computer. The most popularly used mode of examination is the OET paper-based test, which is a pen and paper test conducted at a test venue. There are over 45 countries that deliver the OET on Paper at a Test Venue. The OET Test on Computer at a Test Venue or what is popularly called as the OET Computer based test is conducted in over 32 countries.
- The most recent OET Computer based test venue was opened in Kuwait (2021) and incidentally, this is the first and only OET test center in Kuwait.
- The OET Test on Computer has the same format as that of the OET Paper based test. The major difference is only in the mode of delivery, which is on a computer at a test venue. The modules of OET- OET Listening, OET Reading and OET Writing- are to be taken on a computer. The fourth module- OET Speaking- is conducted over the Zoom app as a video call.
- The OET Computer based test is remotely proctored.
- In India, the OET computer-based test test venue is available in Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Ahmedabad, and Kolkata.
- OET Test on Computer at Home has been canceled by OET and this mode of delivery is no more available as of now.
- OET Computer based test sample materials are available with Medcity. To book a computer-based test OET, you can contact Medcity International Academy. To check out the test dates available for OET computer-based test, do get in touch with us. We will also be able to assist in checking the OET Test on Computer results for any OET tests booked through us.
What is the OET test format?
OET like any other language test, evaluates the performance of the candidate under four sub-skills which are listening, reading, writing and speaking. The listening is a 45-minute test, followed by a 60-minute reading test. The writing tests last for 45 minutes and is the last test taken in this order. The speaking test, which lasts for 20 minutes, is to be taken in the second half of the day, post 1 pm.
How OET different from other?
Most other language assessment tests are for a general audience. This simply means that anyone irrespective of their professional background can attend the same test. But in the case of OET, the test is designed for medical professionals. This ensures that a medical or healthcare professional can easily identify the test scenario from his/ her everyday work experience. This factor makes OET highly favourable among healthcare practitioners.
Format of the test
- The listening test includes 3-parts which tests different skills. Part A of listening requires you to answer 24 questions, which has note completion as the task. Part B and Part C of listening include multiple-choice questions.
- The reading is a 60 minutes test which has matching and sentence completion as the tasks in Part A, followed by multiple-choice questions in Part B and Part C of reading.
- The writing test involves the candidate in a letter-writing based on the case notes given of a patient. This is the only task and the candidate can take only 40 minutes to complete the letter with the first 5 minutes to read and go through the case notes.
- The speaking test is to enact two role cards, each lasting 5 minutes. The candidate will take up the role of the health professional whereas the interlocutor (the person who will help you enact the role play) will take up the role of the patient or the bystander. In this test, you need to re-create the scenario of your everyday workplace.
- If at all this information feels new to you, do not worry. All you need to do is register with us and get to know OET in more detail.