Bangalore | Mangalore | Germany | Canada
Call: +91 7483033049 | Email: info@tristarimmigration.com

Tristar Immigration

Family / Dependent Visas

Visa holders of certain types of visas can take their family along with them while moving abroad for studies, work or as a permanent resident. Along with the main applicant, their family can enjoy the many benefits of developed countries.

Dependents are mostly categorized into the following types:

Applicants who are Canadian nationals or permanent residents can sponsor their husband/wife, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative (such as parent or grandparent) to become a Canadian permanent resident.

Family visas are among the most widely used category. Relatives being sponsored under the family visa category do not need to undergo a points-based assessment.

To be eligible to sponsor, the Canadian citizens or residents should be over the age of 18, should be living in Canada and should be willing to sponsor/support their spouse or relatives for a period of 3 to 10 years. The sponsors are also responsible for supporting their relatives financially when they arrives and should ensure their spouse or relative do not seek financial assistance from the government.

There are two processes for sponsoring a family:
Spouse, common-law partner and/or dependent children

Canadian citizens or residents can bring into Canada as permanent residents their spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, or dependent children. The spouse, partner or dependent children could be outside Canada, when the application is made or could be living in Canada.

Both the sponsor and the relative are expected to meet certain requirements. It is the sponsor’s responsibility to support them financially in Canada and do not need to seek monetary assistance from the government. The sponsor should meet certain income requirements. If the applicant earlier sponsored relatives to come to Canada and they have later on turned for monetary assistance to the government, then the applicant may not be permitted to sponsor one more person.

Eligibility Criteria for a Sponsor
Eligibility Criteria for Spouse

A person can migrate as a spouse if he/she is married to their sponsor and the marriage is officially valid. If a person has married in Canada, they should provide a marriage certificate issued by the province where the marriage took place. If a person has married outside Canada, then the marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it occurred and under Canadian law. Marriages that happen in an embassy or consulate should be in accordance with the law of the country where it took place, not the country of citizenship of the embassy or consulate.

Dependent children

Canadian citizens and permanent residents living in Canada can apply to sponsor their or their partner’s dependent or adopted children. A son or daughter is dependent when the child:

Other Eligible Relatives
A permanent resident or a citizen of Canada can sponsor certain relatives such as parents and grandparents under the family class program. Both the sponsor and the relative wishing to migrate to Canada must satisfy certain requirements.
A Canadian resident can also sponsor:

Sponsored family members and relatives granted permanent residence under the Family Class will have the right to live, work and study in Canada indefinitely. It is not a points-based category, but both the sponsor and the relative are expected to meet certain requirements.

To know more about the documents required and fee for Family Visa, contact us!

You Select Now

The Destination To Fly!