Portugal’s Golden Visa program, launched in 2012, is one of the most popular residency by investment programs in Europe. Provided that you’re not a European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), or Switzerland citizen, you can apply for the program through a qualifying investment in Portugal.
The qualifying investments are:
- A minimum investment of €500,000 in any type of property, located anywhere within Portugal (€400,000 if the location is a low-density population area),
- A minimum investment of €350,000 in a property at least 30 years old, provided that it will be rehabilitated (€280,000 if the location is a low-density population area),
- Capital transfer of €1 million to Portugal,
- Creation of a minimum of 10 full-time jobs in a registered Portuguese company,
- A minimum investment of €350,000 in a qualifying Portuguese venture capital fund,
- An investment of €350,000 to scientific or technological research within Portugal,
- A minimum donation of €250,000 to national heritage, arts, or culture.
How You Can Benefit from Portugal Golden Visa:
- The steps are clear and the process is usually straightforward.
- You get the right to live and work in Portugal.
- You can travel visa-free within the Schengen Area
- If you meet the requirements, you can get European citizenship easily.
- You can add your family members into the program, thanks to family reunification.
- You’re required to stay in Portugal only seven days per year to keep your Golden Visa.
- Portugal offers an affordable lifestyle
- You get the opportunity to invest in an EU country with high potential
The process of getting a Portugal Golden Visa typically takes around six months.
The Golden Visa program in Spain was launched in 2013. Spain’s rich culture, delightful cuisine, sunny beaches, and desirable lifestyle makes it a top destination for relocation. If you’re not a citizen of a country in European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and of Switzerland, you can apply for the Spanish Golden Visa program through a qualifying investment.
The qualifying investments are:
- A minimum investment of €500,000 in Spanish real estate,
- Capital transfer of €1 million in Spain
- A minimum investment of €1 million in a Spanish company
- €2 million investment in Spanish government bonds.
How you’ll benefits from Spanish Golden Visa:
- The process is fast.
- You can travel visa-free within the Schengen Area.
- You can live, work, and study in Spain.
- You can include your family members.
- You’re not required to stay in Spain to keep your Golden Visa.
Spain doesn’t require residence for the renewal of the residency permit. It only requires the residents to enter the country at least once every year. There is, however, a residency requirement for Spanish citizenship.
Spain’s Golden Visa process typically takes one to two months.
Launched in July 2013, the Greek Golden Visa program grants a five-year residency visa through an investment in the country. If you’re above the age of 18, a non-EU citizen, and have a clean criminal record, you can apply for the program. A minimum investment of €250,000 in Greek real estate will qualify you for the residency program.
The benefits you’re going to get through Greek Golden Visa:
– The process is fast and easy.
– You get the right to visa-free travel within all Schengen Area countries.
– You get to right to live in Greece.
You can access to public health service and education system in Greece. You’re required to make a low investment compared to the other programs. You can add your spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law Family inclusion; spouse, children, parents and spouse’s parents You’re not required to stay in Greece to keep the Golden Visa. A five-year residency visa is granted, and it’s renewed every five years, as long as the property investment is sustained. Greek citizenship can only be granted after seven years of residency in the country. The application process for the Greece Golden Visa takes around two to three months.
To benefit from the quickest and most assured path to European citizenship, applicants need to invest €2.15 million in real estate in Cyprus. Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program offers EU citizenship within six months after applying. A passport from Cyprus allows its holder to work, travel, study, and live anywhere in the EU. The citizen can have visa-free access to countries like Germany, France, and the UK. Moreover, the investment amount can be reduced to €500,000 after three years spent in the Cyprus CIP.
Please note that the Cyprus citizenship by investment program was ended at the end of 2020. It’s unclear if it’ll be activated again in the future.
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Hungary, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Hungarian Schengen Visa, accordingly.
Hungary Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Hungarian company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit.
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel.
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided.
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents.
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Antigua And Barbuda
The citizenship by investment program of Antigua and Barbuda provides an economic passport to investors. There are a few options you can choose to benefit from the program. You can choose to contribute $100,000 to the Antigua National Development Fund. Another option is investing $1.5 million in establishing a business. Alternatively, you can invest $400,000 in a government-approved real estate project (can be reduced to $200,000 for connected investors). Antigua and Barbuda passport grants visa-free travel to over 150 countries, including the Schengen area. Moreover, the country requires only five days of residence per year. You can get Antigua and Barbuda citizenship and passport in around six months.
Citizenship by investment in Dominica is available through two options. The first is by making an economic contribution (donation) to the country under the government investor visa program. The second option, available since January 2015, is through real estate investment. With a minimum investment threshold of $100,000, the Dominican passport is among the cheapest. Once you make your application, you can expect to get your passport in three months.
Until 1993, it wasn’t possible to gain Dominican citizenship without residing in the country. This rule has been changed by the Dominican government. Through its changes, Dominica citizenship by investment program became not only the cheapest but also one of the most flexible options. Holders of Dominican passport can travel freely to around 140 countries, including the UK and Schengen zone.
To be able to become a citizen of the Republic of Turkey, there are several options investors might benefit from. You can make an investment of at least $250,000 in real estate. You can also invest in a company with a minimum capital of $500,000. Finally, you can deposit $500,000 in State investment instruments or state banks operating in Turkey, provided that you keep the investment for three years. Creating jobs for at least 50 people is another option you can prefer to get Turkish citizenship by investment.
The process of Turkish citizenship by investment usually takes around three to six months.
Through investment government-approved projects across the United States of America, investors can get the EB-5 visa. This visa gives permanent U.S. residency. It also provides you with the right to access education, live, work, study, and retire in the USA. You can also get your initial investment back upon the completion of the project. The US government requires you to reside in the USA for at least half of each year.
The US passport has a minimum investment threshold of $900.000. As a program with a rather long processing period, you can expect to get your residency in 20-26 months.